Join our team! See below for a list of positions currently available.
GUEST SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Responsible for day-to-day supervision of admissions and store staff and operations. Full time with hourly compensation and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manager of the museum store under the direction of the Director of Education and Guest Experience.
Controls inventory counts and shelf stocking procedures
Completes necessary daily paperwork for operational and financial procedures
Manages store guest service staff under his/her direct supervision
Assists with placing inventory orders and fulfilling online orders as required.
Attends to guests’ needs and handles procedures to ensure safe working environment
Assists with museum’s rental business.
Monitors and controls staff recognition and store incentive
Manages customer complaints and online requests.
Works weekends; evenings, and other shifts regularly as required
Requires a valid driver license
Reports to Director of Education and Guest Experience
High school diploma or equivalent, and previous retail or customer service experience required
Requires the skills and abilities that allow for effective communication with the public and fellow professionals
Requires mathematical skills at the level to understand and prepare orders
Knowledge of computers including basic familiarity with point-of-sale software, Microsoft Office suite, and the internet
Ability to work independently and on teams
Normal range of hearing, speech, and sight to communicate with a varied audience and/or staff, to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate materials and reports. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate keyboard and telephone. May require prolonged standing, sitting, stooping, bending, or lifting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Armstrong Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer. The Armstrong Air & Space Museum does not discriminate in its employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, and veteran status, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, ATTN: Guest Services Supervisor position.
Deadline to apply is October 27, 2019
Guest Services Representative, Part-time
Summary of Duties:
Assists in the performance of a variety of customer-related duties to include greeting customers, sales of retail merchandise, admission and membership products and services; providing telephone coverage and scheduling group visits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds customer relations by providing a superior service experience during every interaction through reflective and active listening, addressing the customer’s needs, providing information and assistance, and presenting a professional image for the Museum.
- Clearly and accurately communicates product and services information in order to influence a customer’s buying decision.
- Responsible for researching and resolving non-complex complaints to ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
- Act as customer advocate providing the customer’s feedback to appropriate staff.
- Provides general assistance by answering telephone calls; transferring calls appropriately, fulfilling requests and orders; and maintaining and taking reservations for programs offered by the Museum.
- Responsible for facilitating general and group admissions transactions.
- Provides general assistance to the retail operations of the Museum by arranging merchandise in bins and shelves; restocking counter supplies; keeping shelves stocked full; completing internal sales transactions; and assisting in taking inventory.
- May participate in the interpretative programs if called upon to do so.
- May be responsible for routine maintenance of building and grounds when called upon to do so.
- Facilitate visitor interaction through immersive exhibits, like the zero-gravity trainer.
- Routinely inspect other interactive museum elements and restore them to a baseline condition as necessary to ensure the optimal experience for future guests.
- Answer simple questions about the museum and its operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One to three years customer service and/or sales experience preferred.
- Ability to clearly and accurately communicate Museum events, products and services in conversations. Ability to build rapport over the phone. Control conversations and demonstrate exceptional service delivery behaviors.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Skill in operating computers, including web browsers and point of sales system.
- Ability to organize and orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously. Attention to detail and accuracy. Timely, independent decision-making abilities. Ability to synthesize and summarize data. Ability to carry out routine instructions.
Resume may be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The museum also is seeking students and young professionals for internship opportunities. Internships will be crafted to meet the needs of both the museum and the intern. Currently, the museum is interested in interns in exhibits, collections, marketing, special events, and education.