Shannon Stock Company Historic Marker
308 W. Auglaize St.
This Ohio Historical Society marker commemorates Harry and Adelaide Stoutenburg Shannon who moved themselves and their two children, Harry, Jr., and Hazel, to Wapakoneta in 1913. But they were no ordinary family. They were "The Four Original Shannons," a stage act that had performed on the same bill as "The Three Keatons" (Buster) and "The Four Cohans" (George M.). The Shannons then formed their own road company, which played throughout Ohio, and, indeed, much of the rest of the country. All the while they maintained a home at 308 West Auglaize Street. Many members of their troupe would also board here during the winter, with rehearsals for the upcoming show held in the barn out back.